Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Holidays on the Horizon...

To be perfectly honest, I'm not super inspired to do a treasury this week. My apologies.

And my apologies for being a somewhat neglectful blogger. I know you've heard it before, but I've been a busy lady and have let crafting slip a bit since Mayday. Give me a break, I needed one. Besides, I've been very focused on food lately. And to be honest, there's only enough space in my brain to think about one at a time.

But with Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday), Craftsmas, and the Indie Garage Sale on the horizon, I really need to get my ass in gear.

I have a TON of books to make. Tonight, I've already chopped down some cardboard and am working on gluing them up with packing paper. I'm really making a dent in my cash of materials-to-be-repurposed, which is awesome. New map books on the horizon and maybe some more animals as well. As for new ideas? We'll have to wait and see.

What else in on the horizon? A Black Friday sale! Normally I am not a fan of all the Black Friday nonsense. Shouldn't it be Sleep In and Digest Everything You Ate Yesterday Friday? And then eat some leftovers? For the next 3 days?
But that's the beauty of the internet! You can have your leftover toferky AND take advantage of sweet deals on holiday gifts. Excuse me, handmade holiday gifts. Do yourself and your local economy a favor by supporting a local artist near you. Etsy makes it easy to do this with their Shop Local search feature. Tell your loved ones you care by keeping you carbon footprint to a minimum.


And not long after that is the Indie Garage Sale in Utica, NY! This will be the first craft fair I'll be doing any traveling for and I can't wait. Granted, Utica is only 2 1/2 hours after from Rochester but considering it's a 2 days show I'll be staying over night. Sounds like the organizers have been doing a ridiculous amount of advertising, which is wonderful news. I'm keeping my figures crossed for a good weekend.


Eeep!

Off to continue book making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment